mercredi 5 octobre 2016

Douglas Adams Sentient Puddle Answered


Here is an argument by Douglas Adams, on his wiki page.

Adams described himself as a "radical atheist", adding radical for emphasis so he would not be asked if he meant agnostic. He told American Atheists that this made things easier, but most importantly it conveyed the fact that he really meant it. "I am convinced that there is not a god," he said. He imagined a sentient puddle who wakes up one morning and thinks, "This is an interesting world I find myself in – an interesting hole I find myself in – fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!" to demonstrate his view that the fine-tuned Universe argument for God was a fallacy.


Well - God fine tuned the universe for puddles too!/HGL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire